Simple Pleasure .
Nothing better than a pat of butter on a warm slice of sweetened bread. This chocolate chip banana bread is as easy and quick to make as it is to enjoy and disappear.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Yields 1 Loaf // Prep Time: : 30 // Total Cook Time: : 1:00
+ 3 ripe (slightly brown and very soft) bananas
+ ⅓ cup butter, melted
+ ½ cup sugar
+ 1 egg, beaten
+ 1 tsp. vanilla
+ 1 tsp. baking soda
+ ½ tsp salt
+ 1½ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
+ ¾ cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
+ ½ cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
+ baking sheet
+ hand or stand mixer
+ loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a baking sheet, spread coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts flat. Bake 10-15 minutes until aromatic and slightly toasted.
- In a bowl, fork smash the bananas until smooth. Add in melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour, and stir until batter is smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.