# Hashtag Peanut Butter .
When I was young, we just called them peanut butter cookies. In the era of #-this, #-that, it only makes sense to call them out for what they are. Hashtag cookies.
Natural peanut butter (whose only ingredients are peanuts and salt) lend a highly textured cookie.
These cookies embody smooth, chewy peanut butter taste. Not to sweet, not overly peanuty, these are smooth and warm and leave you wanting just . . . one . . . more.
# Hashtag Peanut Butter Cookies
Yields 20 Cookies // Prep Time: : 15 // Total Cook Time: 25
+ 6 tbsp. butter, room temperature
+ ½ cup natural peanut butter
+ ⅔ cup light brown sugar, packed
+ 2-3 tbsp. granulated sugar, for sprinkling on top
+ 1 large egg
+ 1 tsp. vanilla
+ ½ tsp. baking soda
+ ½ tsp. salt
+ 1¼ cup flour
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter and butter and microwave until fully smooth and blended, about 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar and mix with spatula until fully blended.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, beat until combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda, and mix until fully combined.
- Using a 2 tbsp. cookie scoop, place dough balls 2 inches apart. Roll balls between your hands until rounded. Press fork tines in hashtag criss-cross pattern across top.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of cookie.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before placing on cooling rack.