Tart & Tangy .
My son is a tart and tangy fan (not much for chocolate or other rich treats). He suggested these cookies and they did not disappoint. The mellow cream cheese and white chocolate chips contrast with the zingy freeze-dried raspberries.
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
Yields 32 Cookies // Prep Time: : 15 // Total Cook Time: 25
+ 1.3 oz. (1 bag) freeze-dried organic raspberries (online or at Whole Foods)
+ 2½ cup all-purpose flour
+ 8 tbsp. butter, softened to room temperature
+ 4 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
+ 2 tsp. vanilla
+ 1 tsp. baking soda
+ ½ cup granulated sugar
+ ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
+ 1 egg
+ 1¼ cup white chocolate chips
+ standing mixer
+ cookie sheet
+ parchment paper
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend butter and cream cheese in mixer bowl for 2 minutes, scraping sides of the bowl as needed. Add granulated and brown sugar, and beat until blended.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, beat until combined.
- Add flour and baking soda, and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in 1 cup of white chocolate chips. Fold in 1.3 oz. freeze dried raspberries. Don't break the raspberries too small.
- Using a 2 tbsp. cookie scoop, place dough balls 2 inches apart. Press 2-3 white chocolate morsels into the top of the cookie dough. Press tops down gently to flatten before baking (cookie will not spread very much so you are forming the finished shape now.)
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before placing on cooling rack.