Once the initial payment is made, all clients will be asked to complete and sign a Client Profile to finalize booking (when invoice is sent in early October) which includes the terms outlined below.
1. Liability is limited to the total amounts paid. All disputes shall be resolved in an Oakland County, MI court of law.
2. All prints and negatives are property of Karen Lippowiths, LLC (The Studio) as protected by U.S. federal copyright law. Images may not be sold, shared, used commercially, entered into contests, or submitted to modeling agencies, without prior written consent. If The Client does not purchase a digital negative file, The Client DOES NOT have permission to access, share, download, or possess the work in any way. When posting images online, The Client shall only post low-resolution files and display The Studio watermark. Infringement incurs a $750 fee per instance.
3. The Client releases all claim to any works produced by The Studio. The Studio reserves the right to display, publish, exhibit, alter, sell, and disseminate the work in any way with no further authorization required by The Studio, no further notice to The Client, and no remuneration to The Client.
4. The Client understands the Pre-Booking Fee of $75 is NON-REFUNDABLE once paid. The Client will receive an invoice for the remaining pre-session balance in early October. That balance is due in full no later than October 15, 2022. If that balance is not paid, The Studio reserves the right to release the session slot and retain the $75 Pre-Booking Fee as liquidated damages. Once the pre-session balance is paid in full, there will be NO REFUNDS, even in the case of cancellation, rescheduling, late arrival, and no show.
5. It is critical to the success of the holiday sessions that The Client arrive ready to photograph on time. Sessions times cannot be extended. The Studio reserves the right to deny entry to anyone arriving more than 15 minutes late. Late arrival may result in fewer images presented to The Client. Clients should not arrive on the studio set earlier than their appointed time.
6. All orders take place online as part of a private password-protected gallery. Galleries will be released approximately five business days following the session. Images will be lightly edited for color, contrast, white balance, and exposure. Advanced editing such as thinning, head swaps, object removal, braces / glasses removal, etc. are extra and performed at an hourly rate of $125.
7. Digital images are delivered without watermark at 1200 x 1800 px @ 240 ppi. Files make up to about an 8x10 print. Clients wishing to order larger prints must do so through The Studio. The Studio provides a recommended consumer print lab but DOES NOT assist with outside vendors in any way and DOES NOT guarantee print quality other than that made by The Studio.
8. Special holiday pricing for tangible products (albums, prints, ornaments, etc.) remains in effect through December 2, 2022, after which time, RUSH pricing goes into effect until December 16, 2022. The Studio will NOT be in operation December 16 -26, 2022 but will be open again December 27, 2022. Tangible goods ordered December 3-16 are subject to a 100% RUSH FEE and are NOT guaranteed to arrive in time for Christmas. Normal holiday pricing for tangible goods returns December 27, 2022. Pricing for digital downloads does not change during this time. Galleries remain live through January 15, 2022, at which point all unpurchased images will be purged and galleries will be deleted. Normal studio pricing, which is significantly higher than holiday pricing, goes into effect on January 16, 2022.
9. The Client confirms the s/he has read and understands The Studio pricing, products, and policies and agree to inform all stakeholders before booking.
10. All tangible portrait products (albums, prints, ornaments, etc.) will be shipped directly to The Client (usually drop shipped from outside vendors). Studio pick-up or personal delivery are not available. Digital downloads are available immediately upon purchase.
11. The Client is solely responsible for the transfer, storage, and preservation of all tangible and intangible goods, including digital negatives. The Studio does NOT maintain a backup archive of holiday studio image files.
12. The Client is responsible for conduct of all participants, including children and pets. The Client agrees to hold The Studio and its agents harmless for injuries or damages sustained preceding, during, and immediately following a session, including viral and other illness. Further, The Client indemnifies The Studio from any injury or damage sustained related to any third-party participant, including contractors, vendors, venues, and co-operating businesses.
13. NO CAMERAS OTHER THAN THE PHOTOGRAPHERS (including camera phones) may be used AT ANY TIME during the session. The Studio reserves the right to immediately terminate the session if cameras / phones are present, possibly delivering fewer or no images, with no monies refunded.
14. Due to the custom nature of the work, there are no refunds, returns, re-edits, or exchanges. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.